同城、本地微信群分享
生活帮帮帮,找工作、求职、租房、租车,享受生活、食材团购、寻味美食

ThiswastheclosestIvebeentofaci…

This was the closest I’ve been to facing death,
那是我最接近死亡的时候,
and I hope its the closest I get for a few more decades.
我还希望这也是以后的几十年最接近的一次。
Having lived through it,
与死神擦肩后,
I can now say this to you with a bit more certainty than when death was a useful but purely intellectual concept:
我现在可以坚定地告诉大家,死亡是个很有用但是个纯粹的精神概念。
No one wants to die.
没有人愿意死,
Even people who want to go to heaven don’t want to die to get there.
即使人们想上天堂, 人们也不会为了去那里而死。
And yet death is the destination we all share.
但是死亡是我们每个人共同的终点。
No one has ever escaped it.
从来没有人能够逃脱它。
And that is as it should be,
也应该如此。
because Death is very likely the single best invention of Life.
因为死亡就是生命中最好的一个发明。
It is Life’s change agent.
它是生命更替的媒介。
It clears out the old to make way for the new.
它将旧的清除以便给新的让路。
Right now the new is you, but someday not too long from now,
你们现在是新的, 但是从现在开始不久以后,
you will gradually become the old and be cleared away.
你们将会逐渐的变成旧的然后被清除。
Sorry to be so dramatic, but it is quite true.
我很抱歉这很戏剧性, 但是这十分的真实。

赞(0)

评论 电子邮件地址不会被公开。 必填项已用*标注

  • 验证码*
  • 昵称*
  • 邮箱*
  • 网址